Thursday, January 21, 2010

Vinothérapie?



Anyone that knows me well understands that two of my favorite things in life are spas and wine (in no particular order). So when I was browsing an old copy of Food & Wine while waiting for a deep tissue massage last week and came across a profile on the Caudalie
Vinothérapie Spa at the Plaza in New York, I was disappointed in myself that this is the first I'm hearing of it. Opened in 2008 (I'm so behind), the Vinothérapie Spa at the Plaza is one of four Caudalie spas in the world. The first was founded in 1995 by spouses Mathilde and Bertrand Thomas at the family’s Bordeaux vineyard. The spa features an experience rich in grape seed extracts, which is apparently great for the skin. Treatments include everything from wine-soaked baths to traditional massages. You can even end your stay with a glass of wine in the relaxation lounge which conveniently doubles as a tasting room. Am I dreaming?

No comments:

Post a Comment