Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Let's get physical!


OK, so this post isn't exactly spa related...but humor me because it's related to fitness and, let's face it, we're all hoping to look better under those spa robes. So, I wanted to share with you my little secret. Since August I've been dance-r-sizing. And, I am happy to report, the results aren't half bad. I've been going to Heartbeat House, a self described non-competitive dance/workout/fitness studio in the Atwater Village neighborhood of Los Angeles. On Monday nights I take Awesome 80s Dance Party, Wednesday Zumba or African Dance and on Friday it's about kicking the weekend off with Cardio Ballet Barre. Classes are fun, relatively inexpensive and I typically leave drenched in sweat. I admit sometimes I feel a little silly, especially with passersby peering into the store-front window. But hey, it's a good escape from the monotony of the YMCA.

No comments:

Post a Comment