Monday, October 5, 2009

12-step program

Not sure when or how it happened. Maybe it was the plush terry robes. Or, the rubbery spa slippers. The smell? You know, the citrus-y, cucumber-y, lavender aroma that floats through the air the moment you walk into any good day spa-smell? Like I said, I’m not sure when or how it happened but it did. I have a confession to make. I’m a junkie. A complete spa addict.

I didn’t think it was a problem. I mean massages are good for one, right? But then I found myself rushing out of work a little early for a “personal appointment” on a Tuesday afternoon. I’d reason, “If I leave at 5 o’clock I can squeeze in a 50-minute massage and still have time to hit the steam room before dinner.”


So, admission is the first step. And this inaugural post is all part of my 12-step program. In the coming days, weeks and months I’ll share with you all those little things that led me here today. I’ll write about my favorite spas, treatments, robes, scents, even post-spa feasts. You can expect to find pretty much anything spa-related. What’s your addiction?

No comments:

Post a Comment